Emergency Pet Care
Our hospital recognizes how scary emergencies are, which is why we make stabilizing your pet our top priority.
In the event of an emergency during our open hospital hours, please call our hospital right away at (972) 530-3951 to describe the situation. Our team will advise on the best next steps.
Signs of An Emergency
Since pets can’t talk, it can often be challenging to know what does and doesn’t count as an emergency. If your pet is displaying any of these signs, please consider it an emergency and get veterinary care right away:
- Difficulty breathing
- Blunt-force trauma
- Vehicle hit or crash
- Ingested a foreign object
- Eaten something poisonous
- Bleeding that’s uncontrollable
- Refusal or inability to move or stand
- Unusually body temperature
- Lost consciousness
- Excessive vomiting or severe diarrhea
- Blood in stool
- Unable to pass stool or urinate
If you’re seeing any of these symptoms but in a mild form, please call our hospital at (972) 530-3951 and we can advise on the next steps.